You choose what suits you best
We're introducing the new way to check in and out for people who travel second class, without discounts or subscriptions. Are you one of those travellers? You can then check in and check out of public transport the way you prefer. With your contactless debit card, credit card or mobile phone. You choose what suits you best.
How OVpay works
Simply hold your contactless debit or credit card, or mobile up to the card reader or gate and – beep! – you’ve checked in. When you arrive at your destination, check out the same way. It’s that easy. It’s just like using your contactless card in the supermarket, but with one difference: you must check out at your destination!
Ensure you use the right card and take the one you want out of your wallet when you check in and out.
OVpay keeps expanding
We're currently introducing checking in and out with you debit card, credit card, or phone. This is ideal if you use public transport in second class and without discounts or subscriptions.
We are introducing checking in and out with your contactless debit card without a subscription or discount first. Soon, student and business passengers will be able to check in and check out like this as well.
How it works
Hold your contactless debit or credit card or your mobile phone up to the card reader. A single beep means you've checked in. To ensure you use the right card, take the one you want out of your wallet.
At your destination, hold the same card you checked in with up to the card reader, just as with any public transport smart card. Two beeps means you’ve checked out.
- The payment is processed automatically; You’ll see the amount with the description NLOV on your statement the next day. The price you pay will be the same as a standard ticket or trip with the OV-chipkaart without subscriptions or discounts.
- Do you want to review your travel itinerary from a previous day? Enter the 14-digit code that appears on your bank statement next to NLOV into the web tool below. As well as the price that was debited from your account.
What can I use to check in and out?
You can check in and out with:
- contactless debits card from ABN AMRO, ASN bank, bunq, ING, Rabobank, Knab, Regiobank or SNS
- contactless credit cards from Mastercard and Visa (issued by ICS)
- smartphones that are set up with contactless payment with a card from above-mentioned debit and credit cards. Also with Apple Pay and Google Wallet
- a foreign contactless debit or credit cards from Maestro, V pay, Mastercard, or Visa
You won't even need an OV-chipkaart or subscription. No registration is necessary.